Natural latex foam
Natural Latex foam is available as an alternative to the soy foam comfort layer in any mattress included in our Comfort, Luxurious or Premium Foam Collections. Natural Talalay Latex instantly conforms to your body contour to relieve pressure.
Whenever the Latex option is selected, we will design your new mattress with the purest and most luxurious Organic Cotton fabric quilted with wool.
What is Latex foam?
Natural Talalay Latex foam is derived from the sap of the rubber tree (hevea brasiliensis). There are many ways to manufacture latex products, but the Talalay process is by far the most advanced one creating the most durable and resilient latex. It is the only one used in Lapensée Latex mattresses.
The Talalay process consists of 7 crucial steps to insure the consistency and resiliency of the product:
- Mix: The latex sap and curing agents are expertly mixed to create a unique blend
- Pour: The compound mix is then poured into a mold.
- Vacuum and Freeze: The mold is sealed and a vacuum extracts all the air so that the latex completely fills the mold. The latex is then chilled. Freezing prevents particles from settling and ensures a consistent cell structure.
- Heat: The curing process has started!
- Wash: Every mattress topper or pillow is washed through a five-stage fresh water rinsing to completely remove any residue.
- Dry: The core is transported to a two-lane dryer, which completes the curing process and removes any residual moisture.
- Quality testing: Once dry, every mattress topper or pillow undergoes a rigorous nine-point pressure/firmness/consistency test to ensure all units meets the highest quality standards with even density. Your premium quality, comfortable latex is ready to enjoy!
Why choose Lapensée Latex?
The many advantages of Lapensée Latex mattresses include being:
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Hypoallergenic and Anti-bacterial: During the manufacturing process of the Talalay latex, the core is washed multiple times, removing virtually all leftover protein, therefore making it non-allergenic. And given its natural special properties, latex is completely antimicrobial and dust mite resistant.
- Soft, luxurious and very comfortable