Are you finding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep? It’s easy to blame our mattress for this, and it can be the case that an old, soft mattress is to blame. Replacing it then becomes a necessity.
However, many other things can affect the quality of our sleep. Here are some tricks to help you sleep better and soundly all night long:
- Subdued lighting or complete darkness;
- A peaceful and noiseless environment;
- A room temperature between 16°C and 19°C is ideal for falling asleep;
- Drink herbal tea or a glass of warm milk before going to bed;
- Avoid consuming stimulants such as chocolate, coffee, alcohol, etc.;
- Try to keep a regular schedule: always go to bed and get up at the same times;
- Work: The concept of “24 7” is in no way conducive to a good night’s sleep. We lose our flexibility, our ability to decompress;
- Exercise or activities: Go to the gym and jogging during the day, not in the evening. Getting regular physical exercise in the afternoon or after supper (a 20-minute walk for example) increases deep sleep;
- Reserve your room for relaxation and sleep;
- Avoid bringing work into the bedroom. This space must be strictly for rest.